Become an Aerial Yoga Teacher!
Practicing aerial yoga is one thing. Teaching it is quite another. Our aerial yoga teacher training program focuses on specific techniques and strategies to equip new teachers with the skills required to lead a safe and fun class.
Aerial Yoga Teacher Training 2023 (50 hours)
Virtual, 2-6 PM:
Sat-Sun, March 4-5, Sun March 12, Sat March 18, Sat-Sun April 1-2
Friday March 24, 1-5 PM (Virtual or In-person)
In Person, 1:30-7:30 PM
Sat-Sun, March 25-26
Type: Hybrid training with both in-person and virtual components
What is Aerial Yoga?
Aerial yoga is a type of yoga in which students use a fabric hammock to practice yoga poses. Using the silk as a prop, students can get better support, a deeper stretch and the opportunity to safely enter inversions and other poses they might not ordinarily try in a regular yoga class. Although there are some similarities, aerial yoga is not the same as aerial silks and other aerial arts. Aerial yoga is grounded in traditional yoga principles and focuses on breath, mindful movement, and sensation, rather than artistry, performance, or circus tricks.
What is the Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training?
Led by our very own expert trainers–Katharine Scalora, E-RYT, Keri Straka, E-RYT, Victoria Rojas, Reiki Master, and Corinne Boet-Whitaker, LMT–this comprehensive aerial yoga teacher training will provide you with all the tools you need to instruct thoughtfully crafted aerial yoga classes for various levels of abilities, and to share the amazing benefits of this unique practice with your students.
Our aerial yoga teacher training emphasizes safety through a combination of clear and concise cueing, coupled with careful observation and continuous monitoring of your students throughout class. Each aerial yoga pose is broken down into easily manageable steps, including instructions for how to safely enter and exit the pose, correct misalignments, and incorporate modifications or advancements, as needed.
Once you’ve gained all this knowledge, you will put it into practice, by teaching actual aerial yoga beginners. This will help you solidify the practical skills you need, in order to guide a safe, strong, and mindful practice, while gradually testing your students’ limits and providing challenges that will enable them to discover abilities they never knew they had.
Graduates of our aerial yoga teacher training become particularly skilled at encouraging their students to challenge themselves physically and explore their boundaries safely, all while maintaining a focus on breath, alignment and sensation. Through our program, you will learn how to cultivate and impart both strength and mindfulness to your students. Our program will give you all the tools you need to guide your students through a rewarding journey that will make them feel not only accomplished and empowered, but refreshed and recharged.
Is it for me?
Are you a yoga, fitness, gymnastics or dance instructor looking to add a unique skillset to your repertoire? Or are you an avid yogi searching for ways to expand your existing yoga practice? The Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training is for you!
What will I learn?
- How to cue up to 150 aerial yoga poses and transitions safely, effectively and concisely
- How to quickly identify and adjust common aerial yoga pose misalignments to maximize safety in group classes
- How to create aerial yoga sequences, including poses and transitions, that flow seamlessly
- How to teach full one-hour beginner, restorative, mixed-levels, and themed aerial yoga classes
- How to modify or advance aerial yoga poses for students of varying levels
- How to identify movements and active muscle groups in the body, including understanding the way tissues work in concert to achieve movement
- How to incorporate anatomical vocabulary, including directional and movement terms, major bones/bony landmarks and muscle groups into class direction
- How to lead a centering at beginning of class and savasana at the end
- How to develop your own style/voice for effective communication
- How to properly rig and maintain aerial yoga equipment
- The various benefits and contraindications for aerial yoga practice
What is included?
Total of 50 hours.
- 40 Contact Hours, which can be counted towards your Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Requirements, as follows:
- 24 hours virtual instruction, including mostly live and some pre-recorded content (locally-based students may attend all live session in person, if they choose)
- 16 hours in-person 3-day weekend intensive
- 10 Non-Contact Hours (can be done in studio or virtually), which includes 10 hours of aerial yoga practice and observation
- A comprehensive training manual, which include photographs and step-by-step descriptions of over 150 aerial yoga poses and transitions, as well as sample aerial yoga class sequences
- Opportunity to practice teach aerial yoga with real students in a real class environment
Where can I practice my new skills after the training?
Upon completion of the Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training, you may be offered the opportunity to teach Community Aerial Yoga Classes in our studio. Once you have gained enough teaching experience, and you and your trainer have deemed you are ready, you may be offered a paid teaching position at Earth & Aerial Yoga.
How much does it cost?
A nonrefundable deposit of $250 is due at the time of registration to secure your spot. Contact email@example.com if you need to set up a payment plan for the remaining balance. All tuition fees are nonrefundable. If you need to cancel for any reason, you will have the option to apply your tuition towards a future Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training or towards other services or retail in the studio. Session fees will be forfeited and will not be applicable towards future purchases if you cancel less than 2 weeks prior to the start of training.
NOTE: This is a hybrid training, which includes both virtual and in-person sessions. Students must complete all contact and non-contact hours, in order to be eligible for an Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training completion certificate. Recordings of the virtual components of the training will be available for download. Any missed in-person contact hours must be made up by appointment at an additional cost.
People Love Our Aerial Yoga Teacher Training!
“Clear, well organized content and manual. Lots of opportunity to practice in real-life situations. Small group size, allowing for individual attention and productive discussions. Excellent, knowledgeable, humble, and patient teacher.”
“I absolutely loved the training and everything we learned. Your passion for Aerial Yoga really shines through and we all benefited from your knowledge and expertise.”
“There was a nice balance of practicing the poses in the body, practice teaching others, and discussing the ins and outs of the poses. The material and objectives for the week were well prepared but there was always time to cover/review material that the group needed a refresher of. Keri was a lovely addition to the training. It was nice to see how other teachers put their sequences together. Thank you, thank you, Kat!!”
“I thought it was well organized, led and presented. The content was just enough for a level 1 training. I liked Kat’s command of the training and I found her to be inspiring.”