Practicing aerial yoga is one thing. Teaching it is quite another. Our aerial yoga teacher training program focuses on specific techniques and strategies to equip new teachers with the skills required to lead a safe class. Check out the details below for our upcoming trainings.
“Clear, well organized content and manual. Lots of opportunity to practice in real-life situations. Small group size, allowing for individual attention and productive discussions. Excellent, knowledgeable, humble, and patient teacher.”
“I absolutely loved the training and everything we learned. Your passion for Aerial Yoga really shines through and we all benefited from your knowledge and expertise.”
“There was a nice balance of practicing the poses in the body, practice teaching others, and discussing the ins and outs of the poses. The material and objectives for the week were well prepared but there was always time to cover/review material that the group needed a refresher of. Keri was a lovely addition to the training. It was nice to see how other teachers put their sequences together. Thank you, thank you, Kat!!”
“I thought it was well organized, led and presented. The content was just enough for a level 1 training. I liked Kat’s command of the training and I found her to be inspiring.”
*FREE* INFO SESSION
Saturday, December 4, 5:30-6:30 PM
Sunday, January 2, 2:00-3:00 PM
Curious about aerial yoga? Wondering how adding aerial yoga to your teaching repertoire could not only inform and enhance your regular yoga instruction, but also provide you with an alternative revenue stream and a highly-sought-after skillset?
Join Katharine Scalora, E-RYT and co-owner of Earth & Aerial Yoga, in our studio, to learn the ways you can incorporate the aerial yoga silk in a traditional yoga class and apply your existing teaching skills to an alternative specialty. Discover how the aerial silk can provide support and stability, while deepening and refining your students’ practice. Find out how the silk can challenge balance and perspective, while creating an opportunity for exploration and growth. Brief physical aerial yoga practice with Katharine will be followed by Q&A.
Must hold 200-hour yoga teacher training certificate, or be in the process of earning it, or have training in some other fitness modality and have filled out our Aerial Yoga Teacher Training application. Space is very limited, so sign up now!
70 HOUR AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Saturdays and Sundays, 1:30-7:30 PM
February 5-6, February 12-13
March 5-6, March 19-20
IS THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING FOR ME?
Are you a yoga or fitness instructor looking to add a more unique skill set to your repertoire? Do you have a background in teaching gymnastics or dance classes and want to expand your offerings into the field of aerial yoga? The Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training is for you!
WHAT IS THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
Led by our very own expert trainers, Katharine Scalora, E-RYT, Keri Straka, E-RYT, and Corinne Boet-Whitaker, LMT, this comprehensive aerial yoga teacher training program will provide you with all the tools you need to instruct thoughtfully crafted aerial yoga classes for both beginners and seasoned practitioners and to share the amazing benefits of this exceptional practice with others.
While it is influenced by both the aerial arts and the fitness industry, the Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training is fundamentally based in traditional yoga. Our program graduates become particularly skilled at encouraging their students to challenge themselves physically and explore their boundaries safely, all while maintaining a focus on breath, alignment and sensation. Through the Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training, you will learn how to cultivate and impart both strength and mindfulness to your students, while helping them carefully test their limits and challenge themselves in ways they never thought possible. Our program will give you all the tools you need to guide your students through a rewarding journey, in which they will discover abilities they never knew they had and will leave your classes feeling not only accomplished and empowered, but refreshed and recharged.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
- How to identify movements and active muscle groups in the body, including understanding the way tissues work in concert to achieve movement
- How to incorporate anatomical vocabulary, including directional and movement terms, major bones/bony landmarks and muscle groups into class direction
- The various benefits and contraindications for aerial yoga practice
- How to teach full one-hour beginner-level, restorative, all-levels, intermediate, and themed aerial yoga classes
- How to cue up to 175 aerial yoga poses and transitions safely and efficiently
- How to modify or advance aerial yoga poses for students of varying levels
- How to quickly identify and adjust common aerial yoga pose misalignments to maximize safety in group classes
- How to create aerial yoga sequences, including poses and transitions, that flow seamlessly
- How to lead a centering at beginning of class and savasana at the end
- How to develop your own style/voice for effective communication
- How to properly rig and maintain aerial yoga equipment
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
- 55 Contact Hours, which can be counted towards your Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Requirements
- 15 Non-Contact Hours (can be done in studio or virtually), which includes 10 hours of aerial yoga practice, 5 hours of class observation
- A comprehensive training manual, which include photographs and descriptions of over 175 aerial yoga poses and transitions, as well as sample aerial yoga class sequences
- Opportunity to practice teach aerial yoga with real students in a real class environment
WHERE CAN I PRACTICE MY NEW SKILLS AFTER THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING?
Upon completion of the Earth & Aerial Yoga teacher training, you may be offered the opportunity to teach a minimum of 5 Community Aerial Yoga Classes in our studio. Once you have gained enough teaching experience, and you and your trainer have deemed you are ready, you may be offered a paid teaching position at Earth & Aerial Yoga.
HOW MUCH DOES THE EARTH & AERIAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COST?
Full Price: $1,699 (full payment due minimum of 2 weeks before February 5 start date)
Early Bird: $1,499 (if paid in full by early bird deadline January 1, 2022)
A nonrefundable deposit of $350 is due at the time of registration to secure your spot. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to set up a payment plan for the remaining balance. All tuition fees are nonrefundable. If you need to cancel for any reason, you will have the option to apply your tuition towards a future Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training or towards other services or retail in the studio. Session fees will be forfeited and will not be applicable towards future purchases if you cancel less than 2 weeks prior to the start of training.
NOTE: This is an in-person training. Students must complete all contact and non-contact hours in order to be eligible for an Earth & Aerial Yoga Teacher Training completion certificate. Any missed contact hours can be made up by appointment at an additional rate.